Peter Luger’s Restaurant

fallback-no-image-97
Contact Author
ToolBox

829 Views

0 Comments

Print this page

Add Favorites

Peter Luger’s Restaurant
When "Carl Luger's Café, Billiards and Bowling Alley" was opened in 1887, the restaurant quickly became a neighborhood favorite in predominantly German Williamsburg. Peter Luger owned the establishment, while his nephew, Carl, manned the kitchen. Luger's was not the only thing doing in the small Brooklyn neighborhood. With the opening of the Williamsburg Bridge in December of 1903, Manhattan became far more accessible and a new crowd of businessmen crossed the East River. It was not until 1920 that Sol Forman, a seventeen year old who had dropped out of high school to work full-time lighting street lamps, established Forman Family with his siblings just across the street from Carl Luger's. 178 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11211 718-387-7400 www.peterluger.com
Website Link Visit Link Here
Category

WordPress Backup